It’s always difficult to get established in a new area. The basics are there right away. You find the local grocery store, Target, and the cheapest place to get gas. What is slightly more difficult is finding a good dry cleaner. Maybe you have a wool winter coat that needs to be cleaned every couple of years. Maybe you have a penchant for silk shirts. Either way, a good dry cleaner is a very important person to find. Here are the top five things to look for when determining where you want your clothes to be dry cleaned.
- Try to avoid chain dry cleaners. Any schmuck can buy a machine and say that he’s one. It’s the places that have been around for more than five years that you can really trust. Word gets around and any place that ruins clothes is out of business fast.
- Because finding a local business is so important to finding a high quality dry cleaner, you also have the option of contacting the local Better Business Bureau. They will know if there are any complaints about a particular business. If you are new to the area, you can ask your neighbors, friends, and co-workers if they recommend a good cleaner.
- After you find a good recommendation that is the right price and location, take in a test garment. Something made of cotton or a similar material. You could also bring in something that’s “dry clean only” that you haven’t worn for years. Basically, you want something forgiving that will tell you if this business is the right one to patronize.
- Find an establishment with good customer service. Mistakes happen and you want to make sure you’re not patronizing the place that is going to tell you “too bad, so sad, now get out.” Instead, you want a place that is going to try and make amends if they do accidentally ruin your clothes.
- If you have a special piece of clothing to be dry cleaned you can check to see if a dry cleaner specializes in that type of clothing. Many dry cleaners will specialize in things like suits and wedding gowns. Any type of clothing that is particularly elaborate can and should be taken to a specialist.
There you have it. The top five things you need to keep an eye out for when you’re choosing a dry cleaner. Just be careful, keep an eye out, and remember what’s important to you.
Article Provided And Courtesy Of:
We’re professional Dry Cleaners London offering an assortment of dry cleaning services.